Eight new recreational businesses to diversify the tourism offerings on Rottnest Island have been launched by WA Tourism Minister Paul Papalia.
In time for the upcoming peak season, visitors will be able to experience a range of new activities including:
- A crayfish catch and cook tour aboard Rottnest Cruises;
- Glass bottom kayaks with Inspirations Outdoor;
- Sunset, Eco and Whale watching tours aboard the yellow catamaran, Charter 1;
- Boat hire with Boating West;
- Subsea scooter hire from SeaBob;
- Undersea helmet walks, scuba dives and snorkel tours with the experts from Ningaloo Reef Dreaming;
- A new food van, Lexi’s on Rottnest, to be located at Wadjemup lighthouse; and
- Shade and beach accessory hire at The Basin.
In 2017 the island attracted a record 730,000 of visitors, a 14 per cent increase on the previous year’s record.
The arrival of these new offerings will help broaden Rottnest’s appeal and enhance the experience for hundreds of thousands of visitors throughout what is predicted to be the island’s biggest summer yet.
Source: WA Government