WA Premier Mark McGowan announced that retailer commissions on Lotterywest sales will increase by 10.8 per cent from December 2019, helping small businesses.
This will increase the total gross commission for retailers from nine per cent to 10 per cent, which is a 10.8 per cent increase overall, ensuring Lotterywest continues to pay the highest retailer commission in Australia.
The increase will form part of a package of initiatives designed to boost sales of Lotterywest products, ensuring long-term retailer sustainability and a strong return for the Western Australian community through Lotterywest grants.
The new initiatives include:
- Opportunities for retailers to benefit from online growth through a proposed ‘omnichannel approach’ which will share online commission for member purchases with the retailers who sign them up;
- An enhanced membership program and targeted promotions to drive retail sales;
- Digital communication initiatives allowing retailers to have their store details included in communications to local customers;
- A suite of third party support services for retailer businesses funded by Lotterywest including retailer mentoring, sales coaching and player insights;
- Ongoing improvements of outlet locations and how they operate; and
- Improved Lotterywest retailer management and support services.
Source: WA Government