Incidents from unguarded or poorly guarded machines have cost the manufacturing industry $28 million in claims over a three-year period.
To help protect workers, SafeWork NSW has created a comprehensive suite of free resources on machine guarding safety.
You can view, print or save these based on topics of interest:
- fact sheets on the obligations of business leaders; protecting employees; maintaining machinery; and designing machine guarding
- safety posters to display
- a template to record details of all workplace accidents and notify SafeWork NSW
- a toolbox talk template to guide machine safety discussions with workers
- an in-depth guide to designing appropriate machine guarding.
If you are in manufacturing, you can also seek tailored help to improve machine safety through an online consultation with a SafeWork NSW Inspector.
Requests can be made online or by calling 131 050.
Source: NSW Government