C-ITS projects leading the way in Australia is the latest in our series of webinars looking at outcomes of iMOVE projects.
It contained presentations on two of our projects in the area of Cooperative Intelligent Transport Systems, providing an overview of the methodologies, demonstrations of the technologies in action, and thoughts on additional work to follow. The webinar was recorded, and the video is embedded below.
The two projects presented on were:
- Ipswich Connected Vehicle Pilot
- DSRC and cooperative perception – (also see the progress report on this project, Road safety lift: CAVs can now see around corners)
Topic 1: Ipswich Connected Vehicle Pilot: Preliminary Findings for Safety Evaluation and User Perception
- Dr Merle Wood: Principal Traffic Engineer, Department of Transport and Main Roads Queensland
- Jack Pinnow: Engineer, Queensland Department of Transport and Main Roads Queensland
- Dr Michael Pascale: Centre for Accident Research and Road Safety, Queensland University of Technology
- Dr Mohammed Elhenawy: Research Fellow, Centre for Accident Research and Road Safety, Queensland University of Technology
Topic 2: Development and demonstration of Cooperative Perception for connected and automated vehicles
- Professor Paul Alexander: Chief Technical Officer, Cohda Wireless
- Professor Eduardo Nebot: Australian Centre for Field Robotics, University of Sydney
- Dr Mao Shan: Research Fellow, Australian Centre for Field Robotics, University of Sydney
The video mentioned in Paul’s presentation can be seen at: Cohda Collective Perception Messaging
Please find below the video of the 75-minute-long event. Enjoy!
Speakers’ slide decks
The speakers have made their presentation slides available. Click the buttons below to download.
More from iMOVE